From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of paulradge
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2008 11:58 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Amibroker and quote tracker

after reading the other thread about Amibroker and Quote Tracker i decided
to download QTand try have a play with it myself,,,

quote tracker is set up to one of my comsec accounts,,,,basic acct not pro
account and quote tracker is functioning ok ,,,i have created a small watch
list BHP,RIO and have auto refresh running every 60 seconds,,,,,,,

also i did attempt to set up QT to my Macquarrie cfd account with no
luck,,,i get connected to their server according to File/select quote
sever/connected to Macc etc have my acct details and password in
quotes/level 2 tabs but no luck actually receiving data.

i have been through and searched through Amibroker help files/ instructions
and can verify that i have turned on http in quote tracker/options/misc/API
settings = On
and have followed the set up instructions within Amibroker ,,,also i
checked that the QT.dll was in the plugins folder.

i appear ro be having an ERR (red) no connection to QT

in Amibroker files/data base settings/configure /
Quote Tracker server IP 127.0.0.1
Quote Tracker server port 16239

in QT options/data source proxy settings/preferences
http port 16239
socket port16240

i can't verify the server IP is correct anywhere within QT ,,,,this may be
not necessary but i can't find anything else in "configure" to suggest i
need a password etc.

file/database settings/intraday settings/per database settings
time shift,,,,,,,unsure so left at 0,,selected Australia/Sydney within QT
(located in Melb)
allow mixed ,,,,unclicked
request data on save ,,,,unclicked,,and have tried with clicked

other info,,,,
Amibroker/symbol/new/ add symbol,,,,,,,,,,,tried to add BHP/RIO
Amibroker/symbol/RT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as above

Panes read,,,,,,,,,not enough data available

does anyone know the answer as to why my Amibroker can't see my QT ??? ,,,i
think that could be the issue,,,please feel free to help/advise.

regards
Paul