[amibroker] Re: best feed for ASX?

Info on using AB with DDE plugin is here:

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_dde.html

Also JustData have a RT downloader called Excelarate - I am waiting
on an email from them to see if their server has DDE capability.

Also I am waiting for email replies from one or two other possibles
e.g. Almax Information Systems advertise historical tick database for
the ASX.

For EOD data and intraday snapshot you can use AmiQuote provided you
have a ticker list.

How deep do you want to go - top 100 or what?

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Hello Barnabas,
>
> Re ASX feeds:
>
> Supported data providers for AmiBroker are listed at
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_quotes.html
>
> Unfortunately MarketCast, who was the recommended Aus RT provider,
is
> no longer in business.
>
> I have started to look around for some alternatives - I haven't
> finished yet but progress so far is posted at the Users' Knowledge
Base
> (UKB) - look for 'Data Resources - Australia' under 'Data' or under
> recent postings in the right hand sidebar:
>
> http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/
>
> I haven't notified Tomasz about MarketCast as I was waiting to
finish
> my research (I'm working my way through the list of ASX data
vendors) -
>  - to be fair he hasn't had a chance to think about it or consider
the
> alternatives.
>
> There is not a lot on offer for Aus - for a retail supplier
> Paritech's 'Pulse' might do the job (with a DDE connection).
> You might need help from support with DDE.
>
> When and if I find out more I will update the UKB post and also
talk to
> Tomasz about it.
>
> Some other options are the major international providers - ESignal
and
> Reuters (QuoteCenter) who have Aus packages - I'm not sure what is
in
> them and sometimes they are bundled with Asia or Asia-Pacific.
>
> Maybe some other Aussies can help.
>
> regards,
>
> Brian_z
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barnabás Debreczeni" <keo@>
wrote:

> > Hi there everyone,
> > I am new here. I'd like to ask, what are your experiences with
ASX