[amibroker] Re: Graham is great

Hi Guys,

Sorry I asked the question about scans/explorations, I wont be doing
that in a hurry again. I am not sure what is worse, not having used a
charting program before or having used Metastock for years and then
trying to find the equivalents in Amibroker.

While it was implied by vlanschot that I am too lazy to read the
manual I would like to add in my defence that I did attempt to answer
a question raised by another user maybe 2 or 3 hours after signing up
for the forum.

If I was just lazy and wanted handouts and didn't want to put effort
in do you really think I would have bothered answering the question?

But point taken, I will be going right through the manual.

Regards
Steve

PS: And once again Graham, thanks for answering the question.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vlanschot" <vlanschot@xxx> wrote:

> Fair enough re more complicated things, . . . but running a
> scan/exploration on only 1 WL (via AA->apply to)? Come on, this IS
> clearly described in the manual, and is something one should not
have
> to ask here IFF you read the manual.
>
> And for all clarity: I was also a non-programmer newcomer once. But
> at least I spend time going through the manual to get the basics,
> something a growing number of newbies don't seem to bother with.
>
> Again: compliments to all experts out there who are more tolerant
> than I am.
>
> PS

> > patience with newcomers like you who do not even bother to read
the
> > manual. It would have answered this very basic question.
> >
> > So here you have some advice from a less tolerant user: READ the
> > MANUAL ! . . . And yes, I'm SCREAMING this.

> ======
> > This post just reminded me of when I was first learning Amibroker
> many years ago.
> >
> > I was a nonprogramer newcomer, and when I read something in the
> manuel, I could rarely understand what was saying.
> >
> > I was so enthralled with Amibroker that sometimes I would be
> working with Amibroker as late as 3 AM central standard time USA.
> >
> > I could post a question on the board, and  invariably, within a
few
> minutes, Graham would answer the question in plane english.
> >
> > Graham was a huge help to me in my Amibroker learning
experience.