From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of progster01
Sent: Sunday, 13 January 2008 3:38 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] auto file synchronizers (was Re: Extremely tired of this.)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "paultsho" <paultsho@xx.> wrote:

>it is no different than using word.
>unidirectional means you cant update 2 copies
>of the same file separately.

Good example.

In Word, if you update two text documents separately, you are left to
choose between them at the time when you resync. (And if you want,
you can shove one of them out of the way somewhere and be able to
display/edit it later without problems.)

However, in Word, the document you choose to distribute at sync time
does not affect the subsequent operation of the program or display of
other documents on either system. With AB, in some circumstances,
that is not the case.

So, respectfully, it is different than using Word.

Maybe you've never encountered this aspect of AB, or perhaps the
procedures you've which you've gotten into the habit of following help
you to successfully avoid it.

It's my opinion that it would be a great advantage if all copies of AB
were "equal" at all points in time, with out a need to consider the
multi-machine set as "fragile" the from the moment a single machine
departs from it until the time it is carefully resynced (without
allowing changes on any of the other machines in the meantime).

I think it is fair for you to say that you, personally, don't feel a
need for improvement in this area. However, I don't think it would be
factually accurate to say that AB acts "just like all other software"
(my words here) in this respect. It does not.