SV: SV: [amibroker] Re: Extremely tired of this.

Well, I am not giving up on AmiBroker. And I am not really angry, more depressed by this. And I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the program. The backup works now, so something must have been messed up previously. The only thing I can really complain about is the fact that the program doesn’t ask before closing windows, unless they are account windows with changes made in them. So if that could be fixed things would be better.

Regards,

Jan

Från: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Herman
Skic
kat: den 11 januari 2008 10:50
Till: Jan Malmberg
Kopia: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Re: SV: [amibroker] Re: Extremely tired of this.

Jan, sorry to hear about your problem.

Two questions:

1) If I back up a Database only, is there loss of information on restore?

2) I always backup the entire AmiBroker folder... same question here.

It will not be possible for Tomasz to prevent user, by error, deletion of data in all areas. I have gone through many such occasions. The best solutions would be:

1) An automatically timed daily folder-back up of at least 5 several levels. This could take place at night.

2) An automatic backup of several levels, much more frequently, of files that change frequently, such as Layouts (Like Word).

I am sure that there are programs out there that can do this. Finding one would appear the most speedy solution. Perhaps Acronis? Do we have an expert who can write up a procedure?

Don't give up on AB. Tomasz, or some users, will probably come up with a solution before you would be able to transfer your work to another program.

best regards,

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

Hi,

No. They are both checked. It is a similar option for the closing of the entire window, which to the best of my knowledge, does not exist as of yet.

Regards,

Jan