[amibroker] Re: How to show Stops (ApplyStops) in Explore?

Hi,

If you're using trade delays, then your stops may be being applied
against values that you're not expecting. You may need to set
exitAtStop = 2 in your ApplyStop call.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "janhausd" <janhaus@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the tips wavemechanic! I'm not getting much success with
> switching any combination of the sell/short buy/cover combos (i.e.
> exrem(buy, short) to exrem(buy,sell) etc.) but I'll keep trying. On
> the other hand, I am trying to write my own stop using the
> http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2007/03/24/how-to-plot-a-trailing-stop-
in-the-price-chart/
> webpage.
>
> A headscratcher now is that utilizing the code, i.e.
>
> Buy = cross(ma(c, 3), ma(c, 13))
> Short = cross(ma(c, 13), ma(c, 3))
> InTrade = Flip( Buy, Short );
> sellstopline = IIf( InTrade, HighestSince( Buy, High ) * ( 1 - 0.01
*
> TrailingStop ), Null );
> coverstopline = IIf( InTrade, LowestSince( Short, Low ) * ( 1 +
0.01 *
> TrailingStop ), Null );
> Sell = Cross(sellstopLine,C);
> Cover = Cross(C,coverstopline);
> Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell); Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);
> Short=ExRem(Short,Cover); Cover=ExRem(Cover,Short);
>
> This seems to work, except when running BackTest, I see some trades
> where it doesn't show that Trailing Stop worked, or if I specified a
> higher MaxLoss %, it shows the MaxLoss%, seemingly ignoring the
> trailing %.
>
> In detail, some trades have %'s stopped out that are much higher
than
> the TrailingStop I specified (i.e. I specify trailing stop at 5% and
> in backtest I see Short(trail) or Long(trail) with >10%
changes)...any
> ideas? And yeah, I know it's possible to have a gap up between days,
> so with all of those aside, I see instances on the same day where
> there are a good number of down bars (>7) between (long)entry and
> (maxloss, or none - no trailing!)exit and plenty of opportunity to
> trail out, but no signal. Any ideas? Is there something wrong with
my
> code or is there something else?
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@>
wrote:

> > Or maybe you were thinking about buy = cover = ... and short =
sell
> = ...

Explore?

> >   > Yup, I indeed have equity(1), and I have also tried equity
(1,0).
> >   > The problem is that when I do a backtest the output shows the
> trailing
> >   > stop activating by showing Long (trail) in the Trade column.
> However,
> >   > when I use Explore, the trail doesn't shows up. I have the
> columns in
> >   > explore and I can sometimes see Sells with a value of 4,
> however, I do
> >   > not see all of them. At least for today, there is a trade that
> appears
> >   > to have hit the trailing stop via backtest but doesn't show
up via
> >   > Explore.
> >   >
> >   > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@>
> wrote:
> >   >>
> >   >> Do you have equity() in the code?  Look at its description
and
> >   > comments.  It assigns a value to the stop depending on the
type of
> >   > applystop chosen (e.g., trailing = 4).  A trailing sell stop
> would = 4
> >   > when hit and another column in exploration could be used to
display
> >   > the event (e.g, addcolumn(sell, "sell") producing 0 and 4
output).
> >   >>
> >   >> Bill
> >   >>
Explore
> (just
> >   >> > shows Entry, not exit). Any way to write code to show these
> trailing
> >   >> > stops via 'Explore'?
> >   >> >
> >   >> > ps. I have code that includes the following:
> >   >> > Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell); Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);
> >   >> > Short=ExRem(Short,Cover); Cover=ExRem(Cover,Short);
> >   >> > Filter = Buy OR Sell OR Cover OR Short;
> >   >> > Equity(1);
> >   >> >
> >   >> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "LarsenE" <janhaus@>
wrote:
> >   >> >>
> >   >> >> Hi,
> >   >> >>
> >   >> >> Sorry for this basic question, but I've been wading
through
> hundreds
> >   >> >> of posts and haven't yet found the answer, will keep
looking.
> >   >> >> In the meantime, does anybody know how to show stops in
> Explore? My
> >   >> >> AFL code has some ApplyStops() functions, and the stops
work
> >   > perfectly
> >   >> >> in backtest, and also shows up in scans, but how do I
show these
> >   > stops
> >   >> >> in Explore? I have columns plotted for
Buy,sell,cover,short,
> and the
> >   >> >> stop signals don't show up anywhere..
> >   >> >>
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> > Please note that this group is for discussion between
users only.
> >   >> >
> >   >> > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail
directly to
> >   >> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> >   >> >
> >   >> > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG:
> >   >> > http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/
> >   >> >
> >   >> > For other support material please check also:
> >   >> > http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
> >   >> >
> >   >> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> >
> >   >> > --
> >   >> > No virus found in this incoming message.
> >   >> > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Release Date:

Date: