From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Vinay Gakkhar.
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:10 PM
To: amibroker
Subject: [amibroker] EOD DOWNLOAD

Dear Mr. Tomasz Janeczko,

Sorry, my last email to you was a blank, I am writing my mail again here.

I need to download EOD data for 1,000 stocks every evening.

At present I use Amiquote > Yahoo Historical, but it downloads EOD data
for one stock at a time, so it takes 2 hours to download data for 1,000
stocks, and to spend 2 hours every day on it is neither feasible nor
justified.

An alternate is to use Amiquote > Yahoo Current which downloads data for
200 stocks at a time, but whether I use it during exchange hours or an
hour after close, it does not give me EOD data, it only gives end-of-tick
data, so it is not useful.

Another alternate is to use external softwares to download EOD data in
ASCII/ csv format, then to import the data into Amibroker user its import
wizard or those software's export wizard. Main reason of my not being
enthusiastic about it is that they have their own system of naming a
stock, for example the company named 'Industrial Finance Corporation of
India' is named as 'IFCI' in some such softwares, and as 'IFCIEQ' in some
others, and as 'IFCI.NS' in Yahoo Finance. I want to use the Yahoo tickers
because during the day I use Yahoo for intra-day monitoring so my tickers
should be named on Yahoo pattern.

I am sure you must have designed Amiquote or some other part of Amibroker
with my type of users in mind. Those who want to select their own source
of data download and want a quick download. Not 1,000 stocks in 2 hours,
but 1,000 stocks in 2 to 5 minutes.

Can you please enlighten me?

Best regards,

vgakkhar