Re: [amibroker] NEURAL ANALYSIS IN AMIBROKER

Hi
see below -

New Analystjayram ($101,883.00)
3/18/2007 4:33 PM
Wealth-Lab Developer 4.0 Build 3

Tried this and seemed to work quite well...

{$I 'LNRet'}

AnalyzeSeries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('DX_0000$', #close),250), 'LR250_DX');
Analyzeseries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('SP_0000$', #close),250), 'LR250_SP');
analyzeseries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('FC_0000$', #close),250), 'LR250_FC');
//analyzeseries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('ND_0000$', #close),250), 'LR250_ND');
AnalyzeSeries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('SF_0000$', #close),250), 'LR520_SF');
Analyzeseries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('GC_0000$', #close),250), 'LR250_GC');
//analyzeseries( lnretseries(getexternalseries('LC_0000$', #close),100), 'LR100_LC');
analyzeseries( rsiseries(#close,14), 'AD_RSI14');

The inputs are based on reaearch into correlated markets over 10 years + indicators (only rsi seemed useful), and of course several different runs with various other inputs. Played around with several network structures to get the simplest possible - ended up with 1 hidden layer and 3 neurons. Other info:
0.2 training rate
0.6 momentum
trained on 8 years of aussie dollar (cash series) - note all external market inputs are also cash series).
last 2 years out of sample gave good seperation between win/loss on the next 50bars (output is the log return over the next 50 days).

Anyone else like to try?

[Edited by jayram on 3/18/2007 4:39 PM]
brucev ($100,000.00)
3/19/2007 1:30 AM
Hi Jayram,
where did you get your data from?
Cheers,
Bruce
New Analystjayram ($101,883.00)
3/19/2007 2:43 AM
Brucev,

Got data from CSI... any experience with them?

brucev ($100,000.00)
3/20/2007 2:44 PM
Hi Jayram,
I don't have any experience with CSI data. I trade in the UK using data from Findata, and in Australia using data from Norgate.
I think this data should be available in the aussie feed, but just to be sure, can you describe each of the input series - just a few words on each to make sure I choose the correct ones!
Cheers,
Bruce
New Analystjayram ($101,883.00)
3/21/2007 2:27 PM
Inputs are simply the 250bar log returns recalculated each day (so oldest bar removed, latest one added to recalculate 250bar log return)of each of the cash series mentioned above + the 14day rsi of the Aussie Dollar's cash series. I have not removed outliers. all of the cash series inputs were selected based on correlations over 10 years and some research into the correlation. I'm still tweaking as i think the correlation between the DX and the SF is too high to include both as inputs...

here's the output also
 { Predict Log return after 50 bars }
{$I 'LNRet'}

var T, Bar, start, stop, OutSer: integer;
var x: float;

OutSer := CreateSeries;
for bar:= 250 to barcount-51 do
begin
   x:=lnret(bar+50,#close,50);
   @OutSer[Bar]:= x;
end;

AnalyzeSeries( OutSer, 'Output' );
brucev ($100,000.00)
3/22/2007 5:14 AM
Hi Jayram,
sorry I only trade stocks, so I meant what is the real name for "DX_0000$", etc, so I can match them up to something meaningful in my feed. My data supplier doesn't have any symbols named "DX_0000$", "SP_0000$", etc...
Cheers,
Bruce
New Analystjayram ($101,883.00)
3/22/2007 11:53 AM
Oh ok, sorry.
If you use Norgate (i used to use premiumdata) you should be able to get the data easily for computed contracts, not sure if they do the cash series though...

try CME for symbols 'FC', 'LC', 'AD', 'SF', 'SP', and 'ND'
use NYBOT for symbol 'DX'

FC = Feeder Cattle
LC = Live Cattle
AD = Aussie Dollar
SF = Swiss Franc
SP = S&P 500
ND = Nasdaq 100

DX = US Dollar Index

If no cash series i would try the computed contract series.

New Analystjayram ($101,883.00)
3/22/2007 11:54 AM
..oh and GC = Gold, and can be found in NYMEX data

Ton Sieverding <ton.sieverding@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks John. Most important part for me is to hear that you got AB running a NN. Please let me know the Intermaket data you were using. Also what's the learning procedure for the NN ? In other words, can you please give us a little more background music ?

Regards, Ton.