[amibroker] Re: get 1 minute 9 ema from 5 minute bar

Yeah, unfortunately, this is an implentation issue.  You can't get
timeframes lower than the base timeframe.

[I say it's an 'implementation issue' because, in something like
eSignal, you can get any timeframe you want, regardless of the
current one you're in]

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter" <aretep@xxx> wrote:

> I believe you can compress data i.e. if you are using 5 minute data
then you
> can get anything in a larger timeframe e.g. 6 minute + but you
can't go
> smaller than the timeframe you are using e.g. 1 minute??
> Peter
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of murthysuresh
> Sent: Tuesday, 11 September 2007 8:30 p.m.
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] get 1 minute 9 ema from 5 minute bar
>
> Hello
> i am using 5 minute bars and trying to get the 9 ema of 1 minute
bars.
> the data returning seems to be incorrect when i compare it
visually.
> can someone help in pointing out the error.
> // i am using 5 minute timeframe and want to see the values of 1
minute
> bar.
> OneMinuteBars=TimeFrameGetPrice("C",in1Minute,0,expandLast);
> " 9 ema at 1 minute bar is " + WriteVal(EMA
(OneMinuteBars,9),1.5); //
> " 20 ema at 1 minute bar is " + WriteVal(EMA
(OneMinuteBars,20),1.5); //