Re: [amibroker] backtester mfe/mae calculation

Hello,

OK, I am sorry for harsh tone of my reply BUT...
how could I possibly help you without knowing basic details.
Let me point out some missing pieces from your e-mail:

>> Trade Long
>> Date 06/09/2007 4:55

You provided the date and time BUT... is it AM or PM?
Is it EST time zone or different one ?
How can I duplicate your setup without knowing the time zone?
(I looked at charts and did not the prices you have pointed out
in the IB backfilled chart, so I *need* time/date AM/PM and time zone you are in
- remember that IB is using LOCAL computer date time so 4:55 on your computer
is not 4:55 on mine.

>> Ex. Price 1.36665
>> % chg 0.04%
>> Profit 4.03
>> % Profit 0.04%
>> Contracts 7320.11
>> Position value 10000
>> Cum. Profit 4.03
>> # bars 4
>> Profit/bar 1.01
>> MAE -0.02%
>> MFE 0.04%
>> Scale In/Out 0/0

Why do you think these are wrong figures. In my opinion they are correct.
As I don't know what time you were using and I can not verify it on the chart
I need to *assume* now that the highest high since entry was equal to exit price
which is:  1.36665. Note that it is just assumption since I could not verify it on true data.

If the above assumption is correct the MFE is correct:

Entry price: 1.36610
Max. Favourable Excursion: 1.36665 - 1.36610 = 0.00055
Now MFE in percent is = 0.00055 / EntryPrice =  0.04026 %
And that's what AB shows.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com