[amibroker] Re: Is anyone here making good money using Amibroker?

If you make $100 on $100 that's 100% ... right ?

If you make $100 on $5200 thats < 2% ... right ?

Compounded weekly doubling on $100 for a year = $100 * 2 ^ 52 ...

That would appear to be more then all the grains of sand on all the
beaches on the planet.

The problem with systems that are capable of weekly doubling also
typically have huge drawdowns relative to what is invested which is
why they can't be traded with anything close to ones investible
assets and when attempted with large dollars even when that isn't a
large percentage of investible assets will fall on their face for
other reasons.

As a result non compounded trading in systems like this are only good
with play money ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "matrix10014" <allansn@xxx> wrote:

> Not sure I follow you.If a trader has 100 dollars and doubles his
> 100 every week while pulling out all profits and maintainng a
> constant 100 dollar bet size, he would wind up with 5200 dollars.
>
> Are saying that with compounding,one can accomplish the same return
> with a non levered 7.89% weekly return(7.89% weekly compounded
> returns 52x original investment),and if levered 4:1 one only needs
> 2% a week return??
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@> wrote:
> >
> > If he's not compounding then he's not doubling his money ...
Think