[amibroker] Re: Is anyone here making good money using Amibroker?

Not sure I follow you.If a trader has 100 dollars and doubles his
100 every week while pulling out all profits and maintainng a
constant 100 dollar bet size, he would wind up with 5200 dollars.

Are saying that with compounding,one can accomplish the same return
with a non levered 7.89% weekly return(7.89% weekly compounded
returns 52x original investment),and if levered 4:1 one only needs a
2% a week return??

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxx> wrote:

> If he's not compounding then he's not doubling his money ... Think
> about it ... If I begin by using all my capital in week one and I
> double my money and I continue to make the same size trades and
have
> the same results then after a year I'm making about a 2% return.
>
> This is the problem with all claims like this not to mention the
> other obvious fact which is that most of them are outright ( I'll
be
> kind ) untruths ...
>
> Trying to swing tens of thousands of dollars around is nothing
like
> swinging tens of millions.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "matrix10014" <allansn@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Fred,
> > I was wondering when you were going to join the discussion.I
think
> > as long as you are employing in between 5 and 15:1
leverage,trading
> > intraday,and somehow capable of trading with exceedingly tight
stops
> > (Bps. stops),those returns are possible.
> >
> > As for owning Manhattan,Dennis did say he does not compound his
> > winnings as he always takes money off the table...
> >
> > Allan
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to see the audited brokerage statement for anyone whoi
> > claims to
> > > be doubling their money every week.  After a couple months
anyone
> > with
> > > a few dollars would own Manhattan.
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "matrix10014" <allansn@>