Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.97.0 BETA released

Tomasz,

You have made some excellent points about the range bars.  However, I
think you missed noting an even more important point as to why your
implementation is the correct one.

Take the situation of a bad data tick.  In your implementation, the
bar will have the spike show up on it, but it will not produce
another bar.  To some effect, it is filtering out the bad tick which
is a good thing.  If however, you attempted to make artificial bars,
that bad tick would be converted into a lot of bars slowly ramping up
to the bad data point, then ramping back down to the real data.  In
essence it would be amplifying the bad tick into a terrible situation
for indicators.

I am quite happy with the way you implemented range bars.

Dennis Brown