Sent: 23. srpanj 2007 10:11
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Range Bars - was: Re: AmiBroker 4.97.0 BETA released

Hello,

> This
> helps spot patterns such as for example 3 Range bars up then 1 down
> then again 3 Range bars up 1 down.

The point is that you can not say for sure that the pattern really occurred
if range of 4 happened inside one 1-minute bar. You don't know if it was
4 up bars and then 1 down. It could be 2 up bars, 1 down and 3 up.
Or 1 up, 1 down and 4 up. Or thousands of other combinations.
You don't know. That's the point.
You can not rely trading on something that is based on wild guesses and those
guesses are mostly wrong.

More info in my previous response that you have removed from the reply:

That's why I say:
use *tick data* to create range bars or use ranges that are larger than
any 1-minute movement. The same advice you will find in any software
that support range bars.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com