Re: [amibroker] Obtaining Current Bar Index

Goal: I would like to create a cum function of the last 10 bars

cum( int days): float
{
sum = 0;
For(i=0;i<days;i++)
{
x=barindex() -----> this is where i need help...I need to able to determine the current bar I am on.
sum = c[x]-o[x];
x--;
}
}

Can you please help me determine the barindex value? I what to use this as a filter in my buy filter during backtesting.

for ex: Buy = cum(10)>1;

Thank you for you help. It's greatly appreciated,
Chris

Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What are you trying to do? Describe the GOAL, not the thing you are locked on.

If you use LOOP you should process ALL bars, the same way as AFL is working.

Formula is executed ONCE for all bars AT ONCE, there is no "current" bar.

Did you read that:

Here is how your loop should look.

for( i = 0; i < BarCount; i++ )
{