[amibroker] Re: How to you use the low-level graphics to plot text?

Dear Jerry,

Please read the low level graphics page with 4.94 beta release in case
you havent done so. TJ has given an example to show plots of prices as
a table. It has opened a world of opportunities a la Neoticker (some
other TA software costing a bomb).

As per the bar-pixel coordination, it still is unsolved for me, unless
I build the bar from scratch (low level) as Jim's code.

Thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jerry Gress"
<pleasenospamplease@xxx> wrote:

> Gees, after the last time you chewed me out about NOT reading the
Read Me, I
> start reading it.
>
> Theirs just one little problem what does this mean?
>
> Begin Read Me:
> AFL: Status() function: 2 new fields added
>
> " axisminy" - retrieves the minimum (bottom) value of Y axis (indicators
> only)
> " axismaxy" - retrieves the maximum (top) value of Y axis
(indicators only)

> Example 1:
>
> Title = "Axis Min Y = " + Status("axisminy") + "Axis Max Y = " +
> Status("axismaxy");
> End Read Me:
>

> So for a non programmer how to you use Status("axizminy" and
"axizmaxy") to
> get a price at a pixel. Or is it a pixel at a price??? Better yet,
why can't
> you use PlotText() and get "Times New Roman" and bigger text?
>

> Jerry Gress
> Stockton, Ca.

On Behalf
> Of Tomasz Janeczko
> Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 4:14 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: How to you use the low-level graphics
to plot
> text?
>
> WHAT?????????????????????????
> I did NOT say that  !!!
>
> What I did say was that PlotText is SIMPLER.
>
> It does not mean that you can use Gfx functions. And I actually
described
> what you should do !
>
> === COPY OF MY SUPPORT RESPONSE BELOW ===
>

> Using low-level graphics you need to:
>
> 1. get the "height" of the pane - Status("pxheight")
>
> 2. get the "miny" and "maxy" Status("axisminy"), Status("axismaxy")
>
> 3. calculate value->pixel position and then plot at specified X/Y
>
> BUT..... to plot text on CHART at specified PRICE point, you should
> really use much simpler PlotText() function that uses PRICE and DATE
> as coordintes so you don't need to calculate yourself:
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/f?plottext
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com