[amibroker] Re: Foreign Symbol and Foreign "FullName"

Hi Bill

I had the same problem and used the following approach:

AB=CreateObject ("Broker.Application");

Fn1=ParamStr( "Fund1", "VIGRX");
Fn2=ParamStr( "Fund2", "VIVAX");
Fn3=ParamStr( "Fund3", "VISGX");
Fn4=ParamStr( "Fund4", "VISVX");
Fn5=ParamStr( "Fund5", "VGHCX");

Fa1=Foreign(Fn1,"C");
Fa2=Foreign(Fn2,"C");
Fa3=Foreign(Fn3,"C");
Fa4=Foreign(Fn4,"C");
Fa5=Foreign(Fn5,"C");

stk = AB.Stocks(fN1); ft1 = stk.fullname;
stk = AB.Stocks(fN2); ft2 = stk.fullname;
stk = AB.Stocks(fN3); ft3 = stk.fullname;
stk = AB.Stocks(fN4); ft4 = stk.fullname;
stk = AB.Stocks(fN5); ft5 = stk.fullname;

then use fn1 and ft1 in your title.

Caution: Make sure Fn1, etc points to a valid security
otherwise the AB.Stocks(fN1) will produce an error. I
simply checked fa1 > 0 so the name lookup line was

if (LastValue(Foreign(fn1,"C"))>0. ) stk = AB.Stocks(fN1); ft1 =
stk.fullname;

Bob Krishfield