[amibroker] Final Word on QT Problem

First, my problem was solved and I wanted to briefly describe the problem and the process (which may help others who are diagnostically challenged like me).

I keep QT open on my second monitor and saw two things, AB was not recording stock prices, and QT was regularly updating the panel near the top for major Indeces.  I therefore concluded that QT was working but AB was not getting the data.

Tomasz led me to compare the SAME ETF in AB with the same ETF in QT and I discovered that QT was not updating all of the selected symbols but WAS updating the Indeces panel.  Why it was not updating is still not clear to me, but I updated the version of QT which perhaps fixed the problem.  I use my account at Fidelity for the data and perhaps the login codes were changed (which the program upgrade fixed) and I had not been logged in. Of course, this must mean QT gets indeces data from some other source.  Key mistake on my part: assuming because I saw current indeces prices that QT was working correctly.

Bottom lines:
AB is usually not the reason something is not working.  It seems in 99% of the cases it is operator error, or not reading the manual.
Reading the manual and following the steps outlined will eliminate most problems--many do not do this (including me).
Once beyond reading the manual, one has to reply on proper troubleshooting or diagnostic steps (which I did not do).  Hence the Beyond the Basics idea.

Final statement (something most all of us know): Tomasz provides unparalleled service for all of his customers.

FWIW,

Ken