[amibroker] Re: Volume and short term mechanical trading

Hello Mr. Herman,

So have you found any leads?

i have been exposed to some volume based (bid side vs ask side)
trading on the ioamt/ita websites; and it seems quite important for
intraday future trading. Similarly maybe if we can somehow separate
bid vs ask volume for stock trading also, on EOD basis and kind of
see whether most volume is on bid side or ask side it might help;
specifically say if a move is say to the up one day, based on whether
the up move was due to offers being lifted by buyers (aggressively)
or simply due to daily static (not much domination of buyers), might
help. But i think this might be a hard proposition to test as it will
not only require intraday data but maybe level-2 data etc.. well then
its probably too complex.

has anyone found a simpler way of using volume for exactly this type
of trading systems that Herman is talking about in this post (about
10 days eod based trading, reversal trading in the direction of major
trend).

thanks
Chaitanya.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"