RE: [AmiBroker] QP fundamental data

Ara,

I to asked this question of Quotes Plus awhile back, and this is the reply I got back.

Quotes plus uses operating earnings, Yahoo uses reported earnings.

They are both correct.

The numbers we have for earnings come from Reuters, the call them actual. They are comparable to the earnings estimates for a company, so that you can tell if they come in over or under. So, for some companies, they include only items in their main line of business, not sub lines. For example, the number for Ford only includes Auto sales, so the numbers are going to be different than the reported earnings. The estimates for Ford are based on auto sales, so the numbers that we have are comparable to the estimates.

We are actually reviewing the numbers now, to see if this is the best set of numbers that we can get.

I hope this explains the differences to you.

Don Lindberg