[amibroker] Re: looking for data for international exchanges

Hi,

You can see the list of exchanges supported by Yahoo Finance at
http://finance.yahoo.com/exchanges

Japan's not on that list, although you can get historical data for the
Nikkei 225 index (^N225) from Yahoo Worldwide. All the stocks are at
Yahoo Japan -- in Japanese.

For Japan data in English, you'll need to go to
http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock_quote?Symbol=%24N225&FormatAs=Index

For a list of Tokyo stocks and tickers, go to
http://www.tse.or.jp/tseHpFront/HPLCDS0101E.do, click on the "search
for details" tab, select from the "category of industry" menu, then
search. You'll get lists that way, but it'll take some time to compile
a full ticker list. Put 'JP:' in front of the numerical symbols to
find them at MSN Money.

Good luck.

- T