RE: [amibroker] Categories Relative Strength

--- RR <stocks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks for the excellent workaround using the brute force approach; a
> methodology I had not considered.   This is a very useful approach to using
> the TC2000 data source without having to build ATC securities and then
> trying to duplicate the index values of the Hemscott industry group data.

You can probably thank dingo - his posting triggered the idea and it
probably took about 10 minutes to produce the mapping and code it.

> I was able to get the function to work flawlessly on my development machine
> with the beta Amibroker 4.9XX.   It does not work on the production
> AmiBroker 4.90 as the function uses the switch, case, and break statements
> new in the recent beta just in case anyone else is attempting to use the
> code.

Sorry about that. I didn't remember that it was beta. I was just thinking
it was easy to expand the X, Y mapping to "Case X: ...Y; break;" which you
can do a few seconds and then filling the rest of the code. Anyways I
changed the cases to varsets etc ... see attach afl file.