Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Users' Knowledge Base

Hello Dave,

You got it right: The UKB is first of all created to get new comers running some code in a few weeks instead of a few years. It is disturbing to see the same old questions asked over and over, year after year (I have been around for awhile). Users are forced to reinvent the wheel again and again. There are way too many posted files around that tell you nothing about why they are useful, how they work, and how they can help you. Authors can increase their readership tenfold if they included an introduction to their work.

This is why the main criteria for UKB contributions is "Tutorial" content.

You must realize though that to write and publish on the UKB takes a significant amount of time. Maintenance of the site ditto. This is all volunteer work so things will move ahead slowly...

The 'Trader Profiles' category was created to invite professional traders to share their trading philosophy. If desired, they can do this anonymously. The intend is not to draw attention to the individual but to their trading methodology. We have true experts traders amongst our mids... it would be wonderful to read how they work and learn from them.

best regards,

herman