Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:07 PM
Subject: [amibroker] New user - problems/questions

I installed the Pro version yesterday using the IB data feed. I went through several of the tutorials and got a decent start on a dozen symbols and an hourly chart layout I liked on one tab in 3 panes on Sheet 1. I reduced the number of default sheets from 8 to 4.

This morning when I opened AB, I had a whole different view. My candle sticks have been replaced by close only line chart and a bunch of tabs have been added for variations which I don't need or care about. Further, indicators I don't want have been applied to Sheets 2 through 4.

Problems/questions:
  • How do I restore my layout and keep it that way when I reopen it?
  • I can not find a way (menu or pop-up menu) to alter/restore the chart properties including something as basic as the chart style. The properties item on the pop-up menu is grayed out and charting preferences do not let me set the chart style.
  • How do I remove tabs I don't want and add new tabs I do want?
  • I can't seem to display all of the data collected. For example, 6CU7 (Canadian Dollar) shows 7952 data bars retrieved. My IB database is set to 10,000 bars of base time interval 5 minutes. At 288 bars per 24 hours, I should have 27 trading days (over a full month) of data. However zooming out on hourly or daily bars displays nothing further back than June 26 which is fewer than 6 trading days. How do I get to view all of the data?
Thank you.

Earl