[amibroker] Re: Tomasz, can this be done? please!

Hello Don, the message was cut at the end due to max 64K allowed. You
can resend it direct to my email : ax_ray2222 at yahoo dot com
Thank you, Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xxx> wrote:

> Ray,
>
> I think the easiest way to see how ATC works is to look at this
simple AFL.
> The code goes through all your stocks, and adds O H L C V for each
stock to
> a composite of the Sector ID and the Industry ID. You then end up
with a
> Symbol that represents each Sector, and each Industry. In order for
this to
> work correctly you must have data where each stock is identified by
Sector
> and Industry. My Quotes Plus does this for me automatically , but
if you are
> using Yahoo as your data source you will have to set this up
yourself. There
> are some databases and instructions in the Files section of User
Group.  I
> did this a long time ago, and found it to be no fun at all.  To me
this is
> one of the strongest reasons for subscribing to a Data Service. All
of the
> good one code Sector and Industry information, and keep it up to
date. But
> that's my opinion.  Anyway here is the code. Look at it, try it out
and see
> if it makes sense. I also run the ATC code against all of my watch-
lists, so
> I can see a running image of how a certain group is doing. I have
put that
> code at the bottom for you as well. Just be aware you must change
the
> Watch-list numbers and names to match your setup.  When you run
these ATC's
> all of the Composites will be put into Group 253. You then go
through and
> assign them to a watch-list of your choice.  You will notice that
Sectors
> [...]
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> if(InWatchList(29))
>
> {
>
> sym="~WIT Stable Stocks";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> if(InWatchList(30))
>
> {
>
> sym="~Gold Stocks";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> if(InWatchList(31))
>
> {
>
> sym="~My S&P 500";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> if(InWatchList(32))
>
> {
>
> sym="~My Dow Jones Industrials";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> if(InWatchList(33))
>
> {
>
> sym="~My Russell 2000";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> if(InWatchList(36))
>
> {
>
> sym="~Graham IV";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>

> if(InWatchList(37))
>
> {
>
> sym="~10 Yr Stocks Yield Over 50%";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>

> if(InWatchList(38))
>
> {
>
> sym="~All Stocks Yield Over 50%";
>
> AddToComposite( L, sym,"L",7);
>
> AddToComposite( O, sym,"O",7);
>
> AddToComposite( H, sym,"H",7);
>
> AddToComposite( C, sym,"C",7);
>
> AddToComposite( V, sym, "V",7);
>
> }
>
> _SECTION_BEGIN("Sector and Industry Composites");

On Behalf
> [...]
> Thanks, Ray
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com, "Don
> Lindberg" <dlindber@> wrote:
> >
> > Ray,
> >
> > I'm confused. What formula are you referring to that I sent you
> regarding
> > Industry Groups. I suspect you are referring to ATC Composites,
but
> I am not
> > certain. Refresh my memory, and I will try to give you an answer
> to your
> > questions.
> >

> > Don
> >

> > _____
> >
> > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com]
> On Behalf
> > Of ax_ray2222
> > Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 10:05 PM
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Tomasz, can this be done? please!
> >

> > Hello Don,
> >

> > regarding the industry group, I have a question. You sent me how
> create
> > the group with the formula in AB but I don't grasp exactly how
you
> create it
> > and what name that industry will have, and how after that can you
> sort
> > through it?
> >

> > I'd like to be able to have the PE and PS of the industry to can
> scan and
> > sort and after that to go to the components and look at them.
> >
> > Not sure how difficult this will be to achieve in AB.
> >

> > I sent and email on
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com,
> "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ray,
> > >
> > > I learn something new every day. I did not know that we could
not
> send
> > > e-mail addresses. You can reach me at sbcglobal.net. Let me
know
> yours as
> > > well, as I have some things to share off board.
> > >

> > > Don
> > >

> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com] On
> > Behalf
> > > Of ax_ray2222
> > > Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:12 AM
> > > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Tomasz, can this be done? please!
> > >

> > > Don, can you type the email like xxx at yahoo dot comm

Code

> > > 100 )) > 0,

> 100 ) ),"Detrended
> > > Price
> +" )",dynamic_color,

> > > colorCycle

P,
> > > PERIODS )

> PERIODS

> Oscillator

40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com
> > > [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com]
> > > On Behalf
> ps.com

> > > interesting

AB.
> It
> > > is based

> address,
> > > with your

> > > calculate RT for

> for
> > > all the
> some
> > > with that

> formula
> > > in it)
> t! his
> > & gt; > indicator on the chart price. You can add all the data
you
> like
> > > from QP as

> data)
> > > for all
> with
> > > your manual
> > > indicator as

> AAA

> > > ( "PEGRatio" ));

> > &! gt; > PM=GetFnData("ProfitMargin");

> H="+High+"
> > > L="+Low

> +"
> > > IntValue

> + "\n PE
> > > =
> + "
> > > EPS=

> > > (ROE,1.2) +"%

> > > = "+QInst+" %"

> colorGreen,
> > > colorRed

> Value" );

> Year
> > > P/E

("BookValuePerShare"), "BookValuePerShare");

> ...........................................................End
> of
> > > code for

40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com,

> the
> > > top
> > > finally the
> though
> > > as I
> data
> > > provider,
> which
> > > I also
> only data
> and
> > > Industry
> them. I
> > > have
> for
> > > me as
> can
> > > set up

> search in
> > > really
> > > know.

> Code

> > > &g! t; >!

> Industry
> > > Composite

> 40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
> > > [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com]
> > On
40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com

> looking
> > > for...
> > > Graham's
> > > then
> AB
> > > as
> still
> > > have
> they
> think
> > > even

> 40yahoogroups.com>
> > > ps.com,

> do
> > > it.
> > > screen.
> show
> for
> > > your

Ratio",colorGreen,styleLine|styleThick);

%",colorRed,styleLine|styleThick);

> > > (EPS,"EPS",colorViolet,styleLine|styleThick|styleOwnScale);

> > > (Sales,"Sales",colorBlue,styleLine|styleThick|styleOwnScale);

> Low

> Book
> > > Value
> = "+EY