[amibroker] OT: dropping pings

OT: dropping pings

Just wondering if any of the more technically minded here can give this
non IT-savvy old timer some guidance.

My desktop has problems keeping AB connected to the MT3 server.

This happens

a. sporadically: I only know there is disconnect when I notice 5 min
bars have not been updating.
b. when I select a new Sheet in AB with quite long indicator code: then
I get the windows hourglass waiting icon, with Accessing data through
plugin message in AB. AB seems to hang.This occurs about the same time
as my increasingly frequent Oanda disconnects. No cause and effect
postulated here, just the timing is interesting.

Desktop: OS = windows XP
Connected to router/gateway with LAN cable.
Running AB v .490 Pro
Connected via MT 3 plugin. The data feed disconnects after anywhere from
5 minutes to an hour.
The database settings are set to fetch data from mt3.fxdd.com server
every 10 seconds. I know AB is sending this request OK, because in Task
Manager / Performance I can see increased CPU activity every 10 seconds.

I can still stay connected to Internet so can surf the net with only the
occasional could not find web page messages.

The disconnects happen whether I am on Oanda through IExplorer, Firefox
or the Java thingy.

When I get the disconnects and ping the router or my ISP, I get timed
out messages.
This obviously disconnects AB from the MT 3 server, and this does not
reconnect unless I do so manually. The green OK message in AB stays lit
up when this happens so I am unaware unless I watch price bars

Have tried:
PC and router reboots.
Swapping LAN cables.
Full NAV scan
Adaware and Spybot scans reveal no problems
Clean the dust from intel chip fan and cooler
I have run mtinst memory tester as posted above by  J Biran : no problems.
The green NIC light stays on .

When I ping 10.1.1.1 and get timeouts I can sometimes resolve this with
ipconfig /release and /renew but of course AB stays disconnected to mt3
server.

Other times the ipconfig gives me a Media disconnected message.

I feel this is local machine issue.
Where else should I be looking before getting in a network/PC consultant?

PS: I run Laptop with XP with wireless network to router, with AB v4.90
getting FX data with Metatrader 3 plugin with no problems. No problem
even when I have Metatrade 4, Oanda FXGame and FXTrade all running together.
So I don’t think this is an ISP, router, wireless or AB problem but
rather a local desktop machine issue.

Regards

ChrisB