[amibroker] Re: VBScript / Jscript

Ara -

I addressed it - just not in detail.  I mentioned that ATC's normally
operate out of ticker data cache.  AB maintains its own memory cache
for ticker data.  So, your retrievals of your ATC "static" arrays
should be coming from this memory via a Foreign() call - and this is
fast.  They are probably not coming from disk.  So, I can think of
only three remotely possible reasons that you might see disk reads -

1. The settings in Tools/Preferences/Data are unusually small for the
cache,  and the ATC tickers cannot be kept there.  This seems unlikely.

2. AB has a bug that flushes the cache.  Unlikely knowing TJ, and it
probably would have been noticed by now.

3. Your watchlist is lengthy or you do a large number of foreign's
that flush the ATC's out of the cache.  Also unlikely.

BUT, I said that I would show you a hack for static arrays, and I'll
do it in the a follow-up post to this.

Bruce R.