From: Chris
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 6:25 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Study ID and setting stops and Alerts

Hi I have been an anmibroker user for quite a number of years but I
have never been into doing formula's of any type. I use amibroker as
a charting program to watch stocks I buy, I use indicators which I
have picked up from the forums and the set indicators, I do some
simple searches. I use trend lines. I would like to be able to set
some simple stops and resistance lines. I have looked at Study ID.
have used formula such as
Sell = Cross( Close, Study("RE", 1059) );
This will pick up stocks that have crossed above a study line

Sell = Cross( Close, Study("ST", 1059) );
I can set a study line under my stocks price but when it falls below
this line it wont alert me only will it give me an alert when it
rises above the line whether I have a sell or buy in the formula. I
am totally ignorant when it comes to working this out.

Also I am trying to set up alerts
Buy = Cross (C, 35.00) AND Name()=="BHP";
AlertIf( Buy, "", "Simple Text alert", 4 ):
This is like the trend lines with Study ID it will only show me when
a stock is braking upwards not downwards,
I know it is only a very simple thing for most but to me it's a
stumbling bloke. Please any help
Chris

Virus Database (VPS): 000751-2, 06/21/2007
Tested on: 6/22/2007 6:26:20 AM