Re: [amibroker] Windows.Add(), NewWindow.Close()

Hi Dingo.. thanks for responding.
What I'm trying to do is manage the number of charts that show up each time I launch a "daily"  job.
(using old timey terms like job, and job steps, but I'm sure you'll understand them)

As I was reading your response and framing out my answer, I see a few things I could try to check out,
to see what's happening, but I thought I'd go ahead, thank you, and show you the original script that caused the issues.

For example I start each step as noted below, by making sure the current issue has a long history,
so I load the  Russell 2000 index before running group average ATCs.  At the end of the job (say with 4 job steps)
I end up with 4 "windows" usually without the correct window or layout in view.
If the script line 7   ABD.Open(ticker); causes a new window to open.  Would the complementary method Close() work?
Well I haven't tested it out and I'm going to in a short while.

Best regards,
 Joe

/* setup filters */
/* SCAN over symbols in the default watchlist built by step above WL #62*/
AA.ClearFilters();
// load a ticker with a long history
var ABD = AB.Documents;
var ticker = "!RUT";
    ABD.Open(ticker);   // Point to !RUT -  QP3 ticker name
    Open_Ticker = AB.ActiveDocument.Name;
//    WScript.Echo ("Current Stock = " + Open_Ticker );

/* set apply to and range */
AA.ApplyTo =                           2;    // use filters  0 all symbols, 1 current symbol, 2 use filter
AA.Filter(0,"watchlist")  =      62;
AA.RangeMode             =        1; // use n last quotations
AA.RangeN                    =    512; // for two years
/* run SCAN */
AA.scan();

 WScript.Echo("Industry Group Files written to default folder");

 /* load formula from external file */
if(AA.LoadFormula("C:\\program files\\amibroker\\afl\\WeeklyJobs\\SSGROUPAVG.afl"))
 {
oWSH.popup("Industry Groups Averages Loaded Successfully",1,"Status",64);
 }