[amibroker] Re: Need help with formula, please...

GP, DMA(28,-14) is a negative displaced moving average ( a MA(28)
displaced 14 days back on the chart), so what I am looking is to get
a crossover signal from this DMA with a regular MA(9).
I tried the cross function but it seems it does not work properly
when I look on the signals displaied on the charts.

Ray

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gp_sydney" <gp.investment@xxx>
wrote:

> Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. I haven't used
> stockfetcher. What does DMA(28,-14) mean?
>
> You can just use the Cross function to check for crossovers.
>
> GP
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ax_ray2222" <ax_ray2222@> wrote:
> >
> > GP, thank you for the help, I want to make a continuation of the
> > Displaced MA(28,-14) and with your help it will do this for the
last 14
> > days but it seems that it is verticaly displaced. Is any way we
can
> > make this to plot in the continuation of the DMA(28,-14). I'll
put here
> > the entire code I have at the moment, and if you used
stockfetcher.com
> > you can see the DMA(28,-14) there:
> >
> > _SECTION_BEGIN("DispMA");
> > P = ParamField("Field");
> > Type = ParamList("Type", "Simple,Exponential,Double
Exponential,Tripple
> > Exponential,Wilders,Weighted");
> > Periods = Param("Periods", 30, 2, 100 );
> > Displacement = Param("Displacement", 15, -50, 50 );
> > m = 0;
> >
> > if( Type == "Simple" ) 					m = MA
( P,
> > Periods );
> > if( Type == "Exponential" ) 			m = EMA( P,
Periods );
> > if( Type == "Double Exponential" ) 	m = DEMA( P, Periods );
> > if( Type == "Tripple Exponential" ) 	m = TEMA( P,
Periods );
> > if( Type == "Wilders" ) 				m = Wilders(
P,
> > Periods );
> > if( Type == "Weighted" ) 				m = WMA( P,
> > Periods );
> >
> > Plot( m, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", ColorCycle),
ParamStyle
> > ("Style"), 0, 0, Displacement );
> > bi = BarIndex();
> > s5 = IIf(bi-bi[0] >= BarCount-14, MA(Close, 14), Null);
> > Plot( s5,_DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", ColorCycle),
ParamStyle
> > ("Style") );
> > _SECTION_END();
> >
> > I'd like to be able to scan for the crossovers of the DMA with an
EMA
> > (9) for example, and thst will happend only during the last 14
days, so
> > it will be actually a crossover of the s5 with the EMA(9) I guess.
> > Do you any idea on this?
> >
> > thanks a lot, Ray
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gp_sydney" <gp.investment@>

BarIndex()