Re: [amibroker] Why does this great system not work in reality?

Several possibilities come to mind right away:

1. Survivorship bias.  You're looking at stocks where the price is
under $5.  Your testing over the last 5 years will only include stocks
that survived.  How many may have met your condition and then gone
bankrupt or been delisted?  You'll not know, because they are not in
your testing universe.

2. The volume and price you're testing on are probably adjusted
instead of raw prices, no?  So, if a strong stock has been rising for
the past 5 years, they've probably split a few times.  So what WAS a
$20 price in 2003 and would not have met your condition in real time
BECAME a $4 price because of several splits and did meet your
condition in the test.

3.  Did you optimize with one set of data, then test it again with
another?  If not, your results could simply be the results of curve
fitting.