[amibroker] Re: Summation within exploration

Bill,

Thank you for your insigth and explanation. I tried this and it sure
can help. This discussion als provided me with an alternative
solution. Just put the datenum() condition in the filter and in the
condition at the same time. I'me gonna try these options and work my
way trough a few examples.
Within 24 hours from 1 problem to 2 solutions!
Thanks again for your help.

kind regards,

Frans.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> cum() counts from the beginning of the data, as described in the
function's description, but the display reflects the AA setting
(e.g., last 20 bars).  I gather that this is a problem and you only
want true/false values for the last xxx bars.  One way is to modify
the code as follows:

> lookback = param("lookback", 10, 1, 1000, 1);
> barsincum = barcount - 1 - lookback;
> trueresult = c > o and barindex() > barsincum;
> falseresult = c <= o and barindex() > barsincum;
>
> AA's parameter box provides control of param().  The number of AA
rows displayed is controlled by AA's range setting.  However, only
trueresult and falseresult are evaluated when the bars are in the
barsincum range and will be displayed in the last "barsincum" rows.
The rows between barsincum and the range setting will all be 0.

> Bill

Guide

> > trueresult

For