[amibroker] Re: Displaced Moving Average question for Tomasz or somebody who can help

Tomasz, the question is how do yo scan for a negative DMA crossover
with a EMA? considering that you don't have the last 14 days ( for DMA
(28,-14) for example) data for the DMA, but this data has to be build
and replaced by a MA only for this 14 days.
How can this be coded?
Thank you for helping,
Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko \(groups\)"
<groups@xxx> wrote:

> "Displacement" is just Ref() function:
> http://www.amibroker.com/f?ref
>
> It can displace ANY array, not only moving average.
>
> "Increasing for 5 days" is easy to code in AFL too.
>
> array = MA( C, 50 );
>
> array_increasing_for_5_days_straight = Sum( ROC( array, 1 ), 5 ) ==
5;

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

www.stockfetcher.com related to the way they built their DMA, and I
will give here a quote from their negative DMA(50,-5) explanation:

>   "Please note that the last portion of a negative displacement
will be generated using moving averages based on the length of time
available.

>   Examples
>    Fetcher[show stocks where the MA(50) crossed above the DMA(28,-
14)]

>    Fetcher[show stocks where the DMA(50,10) has been increasing for
5 days and the MA(50) has been decreasing for 5 days]"

>   If you click on the glass link will show you the results of the
scan and if you click on a stock the chart with the DMA will show up.
The DMA has the last 14 bars filled with a MA wich alows to scan for
the crossover.

>   Can this be done in AB? I realy like AB as one stop
scanning/screening capabilities.