Re: [amibroker] Trade Log for Amibroker and IB

hi,

I do not have time today and what I have written in AFL is specific for my system but I can tell what I do.  The trades of the previous day I receive in the daily statement of IB. I copy and paste these trades into a text file.

Then you can read this textfile into Amibroker but you will have to do some programming. The "trick" I use is for the software to recognize if the line it reads is a long entry or a short exit etc. is to save information for each symbol in static variables. For instance the IB data may look like:

ABX 2007-05-09, 11:00:00 ISLAND -56 31.2800 1,751.68 -1.00 0.00 P
ABX 2007-05-09, 11:00:00 NYSE -100 31.2800 3,128.00 -0.28 0.00 P
ABX 2007-05-09, 11:00:00 IDEAL -100 31.2800 3,128.00 0.00 0.00 P
ABX 2007-05-11, 11:01:18 NYSE 156 30.1000 -4,695.60 -1.00 0.00 P
ABX 2007-05-11, 11:01:18 NYSE 100 30.1000 -3,010.00 -0.28 0.00 P

save all relevant information in static variables and check for a sign() change of the number of shares. If it finds the positions is closed then the static variables are removed and the relavant information is stored in Composites at the appropriate date.

Now it is easy to copy and paste info from IB every day and keep trach of your trades and all kind of statistics you lie to examine. Maybe tomorrow I can poste some code.

rgds, Ed