[amibroker] Re: Amibroker file format?

Also there is a JScript template for AutoSectors written by Tomasz
and published in newsletters at the AB site.
Newsletters are a discontinued feature but they contain some good
stuff written by Tomasz.

http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/

or search site under *automation*.

BTW I meant to tell you that for a cap weighted index it becomes a
psuedo index for the top few companies.

If you use a custom index containing the top stocks from a weighted
index you will just get more of the same.

If you use the *biggies* from a non-weighted index you will just be
approximating a cap index.

Also, I believe I put up a reasonable argument in my
CompareIndexToPortfolio PDF for using a method like that as the
*benchmark to beat* while at the same time using a the TradersIndex
for your trading Universe as the signal index.

The backtest example was meant as an open-ended idea rather than a
method.

Somewhere down the track I will do custom indexes, in more detail, as
a UKB post so that is why I am not keen to roll it all out in this
forum.
Brian.