Re: [amibroker] Re: Ideas for Swing Trading?

Hi Chuck --

I have visited the web site and have seen the ad for the $97 book, Short Term Swing Trading by David Graeme-Smith.  Here is the link:
http://www.shortswingtrading.com/?hop=netdoc

Does the book describe the system in sufficient detail that the AmiBroker code can be written?

There is a discussion of the book at this site:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10750

One of the postings is:
It uses a popular technical indicator, confirmed by price action, to signal trades (using EOD charts). When the price is above a widely followed daily moving average only long trades are taken, and vice versa for short trades. Exits are determined by trailing stops. Key to the workings of the system is the selection of tradeables with the right "personality" - i.e. those exhibiting smooth trends. The package includes watchlists of UK & US stocks which fall into this category.

Experienced traders, familiar with TA, will gain little or nothing from this e-book. It would be most useful to those with little or no experience, as it is commendably easy & simple to understand & follow, with a reasonable money management strategy, and it`s cheap! So far I`ve only backtested it visually on past charts, but it appears to be a sound method for EOD swing trading.

Does your reading of the book agree with the poster?

If that is true, then AmiBroker code that is already available in the AmiBroker Library and among the AmiBroker User Functions would be sufficient to create a similar system, and mentioning which of those are good candidates for further exploration would not be a violation of copyright.

Thanks,
Howard