[amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl
  • From: "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:06:36 -0000

Tomasz , you should have suggested this to me 25 years ago, since I've
been programming that long (maybe longer, but I stopped counting) .
I've programmed professionally , including database applications,  for
almost that long as well.

  I do notice that some users take it personally if the AB
presentation is criticized.  This is a bad sign, and prevents
improvements from taking place.  Offering me my money back is not a
good reply. lol.

  I have done battle  (and won) with many peculiar languages,
including Tradestation.  I am not a newbie.  But I do feel this AFL is
unnecessarily  obtuse.  In the version of HELP that I am using there
is no cross reference to ExRemSpan under BarsSince, which would have
pointed me to the solution to my problem.  A language like this MUST
have as many cross references , examples, and CLEAR explanations as
possible.

  You may not like my tone, but take it as a compliment, if I didn't
think AB was a useful product I wouldn't even bother,

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Homar,
>
> Shortly, I strongly suggest to exclusively use AFL Code wizard
> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2007/05/18/introducing-afl-code-wizard/
>
> it is completely user-interface driven formula builder that requires
zero programming knowledge.

> Coding is not for everyone, the same as writing poems is not for
everyone.
> It does not matter how many books you read and how good are those books.
> Without certain natural skill you won't be a poet.
>
> And just smile, you don't need to be a poet to be good trader. Happy
Trading to you.