From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Homar Simpson
Sent: Monday, 28 May 2007 1:58 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl

Look, Im no dope. I can see that this is a powerful and fast platform.

But every time I sit down to do the simplest thing, I spend hours
torturing over details of the language. This is not productive.

I know if I spent 10 hours a day for the next month on it, I'd be an
expert too.

Was hoping not to have to do that

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "zebdez" <robduff@xxx> wrote:

> I find the documentation to read just fine. Programming in an array
> based system is definitely different than a "bar" based system. In
> AFL I have found that most variables are arrays unless you program
> your system to explicitly work bar-by-bar in a loop. I have done both
> with AmiBroker and find it to an excellent platform.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@> wrote:
> >
> > Maybe the poorly worded documentation, spotty examples, and lousy
> > debugging and error messages have something to do with it, I pity
> non
> > programmers, they have no shot at all.
> >
> > Sorry, but either I'm suffering from early alzheimers or this
> product
> > needs work.
> >
> > Makes microsoft docs read like Shakespear.
> >
> > Just trying to figure out WHAT is an array, what isnt, whats looped
> > ,and what isnt is more work than this is worth, By the time I got
> it
> > all straight, I'd have no strength to develop a system
> >
> > I'm sure MANY have given up on AB for these reasons.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "dingo" <dingo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > No, I'm not - its just usually the first thing you point out to
> > everyone to
> > > prove it can't be your fault you're having trouble.
> > >
> > > I've been in the computer biz since 1964 and I initially struggled
> > with the
> > > array concept but I got over the mental hurdle just and you must.
> > Then and
> > > only then will you be able to get comfortable with AFL. You need
> > digest
> > > the help material and spend some time on it. You're not going to
> get
> > it by
> > > osmosis.