[amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl

I find the documentation to read just fine. Programming in an array
based system is definitely different than a "bar" based system. In
AFL I have found that most variables are arrays unless you program
your system to explicitly work bar-by-bar in a loop. I have done both
with AmiBroker and find it to an excellent platform.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@xxx> wrote:

>   Maybe the poorly worded documentation, spotty examples, and lousy
> debugging and error messages have something to do with it,  I pity
non
> programmers, they have no shot at all.
>
>  Sorry, but either I'm suffering from early alzheimers or this
product
> needs work.
>
>  Makes microsoft docs read like Shakespear.
>
>  Just trying to figure out WHAT is an array, what isnt, whats looped
> ,and what isnt is more work than this is worth,  By the time I got
it
> all straight, I'd have no strength to develop a system
>
>  I'm sure MANY have given up on AB for these reasons.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@> wrote:
> >
> > No, I'm not - its just usually the first thing you point out to
> everyone to
> > prove it can't be your fault you're having trouble.
> >
> > I've been in the computer biz since 1964 and I initially struggled
> with the
> > array concept but I got over the mental hurdle just and you must.
> Then and
> > only then will you be able to get comfortable with AFL.  You need
> digest
> > the help material and spend some time on it. You're not going to
get
> it by
> > osmosis.

DEVLOG: