[amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badl
  • From: "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 03:38:10 -0000

 Thats right. Another wild card buried in the docs ;-)

 I tried to write this code using a loop to see what was 'breaking'
but ran into another whole set of issues with that,

 This pgm is in dire need of built in relevent debugging tools, not
that lame debugview.

 Thanks for the heads up.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grant Noble <gruntus@xxx> wrote:

> You probably need
> Buy=..
> Buy=ExRemSpan(Buy,5);
> Sell=BarsSince(Buy)==5;
> Otherwise additional buy signals will push your sell forward. G
>
> Homar Simpson wrote:
> >  sorry, but the actual code used  WAS ==5,  I just typed it wrong
here.

> >  Is BarsSince known to be 'buggy' or difficult to use?  I saw a number
> > of threads that had trouble with it.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@> wrote:
> >> Maybe you really meant "Sell =BarsSince(Buy)==5" instead of "Sell
> >> =BarsSince(Buy)=5"?
> >> You must use == instead of just = to test instead of set.

idiosyncratic at