Re: [amibroker] cot AND fx AND amibroker

Hi Grant

Just wondering if anyone is currently able to display this easily in AB.

We can get data manually from here:

Historical reports here:
http://www.cftc.gov/dea/history/deahist-cot-ftp.htm

and

Current reports here:
http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/deacmelf.htm

I am interested in whether there is any benefit to be had by looking at the Non-commercial positions and open interest vis a vis the currency pairs.

Here are some online charts that I found of interest.
http://www.softwarenorth.com/trading/commitmentscurrent/
http://www.freecotcharts.com/charts/AD.htm

Shatterfield sell the data with their own "tweaks".
Their videos have piqued my interest. Seems like some work to extract this data so if useful it may be worth a fee.

Regards

ChrisB

Grant Noble <gruntus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you provide a link to the specific data that interests you ?
http://www.cftc.gov/??

kris45mar wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am interested in the concept of Committment of Traders as a proxy for
> true Volume in the Forex market.
>
> Does anyone know a convenient way to obtain and plot this in AB ?
>
> Regards
>
> ChrisB

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! __._,_.___