Re: [amibroker] Re: Why Help file links open in Internet Explorer?

The CHM is not simply set of compressed html files. In addition to HTML files it contains
index, table of contents and full text search files that are not html.

No, you won't have navigation pane as in CHM because the navigation pane
is a part of HTML Help Viewer, native Windows application and uses
extra non-html contents of CHM file. HTML Help viewer is also responsible
for CONTEXT SENSITIVE help (press F1 in any in AmiBroker
and you will see that it opens page related to selected window,
see also F1 display from AFL formula editor that displays help related to selected function).

All these features are NOT available from regular browser.

So, don't uncompress and break things that are not broken.
Use HTML Help the way it was designed to use.

BTW: decompiling AmiBroker's help files (CHM) is not allowed by the end-user license.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com