Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL code wizard - preview presentation

It's just the beginning of the Wizard Brian ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
From: brian_z321
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 2:14 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: AFL code wizard - preview presentation

Re: programming types versus non-programmers.

I think we make far too much out of this point; especially people who
are new to *programming*.

If we want to visit *customised trading land* the experience will be
a lot more enjoyable if we learn the language.
The more effort we put into learning the language the more at home we
will feel there.

We could already learn Ami language with what was available.

The Wizard etc are learning tools that will speed up the process and
make it more enjoyable for new starters; that's all.
There is nothing more to it than that.

Also, we all learn in different ways and a large proportion of the
population need visual cues to move them along (according to psyche
studies conducted in modern western cultures).

The Ami sky won't come falling down because a small amount of Ami's
development time goes into training features.

Ami is the program by traders, for traders, and it will always be
that.
The foundations have been well and truly set in concrete.

What is a programming type?

It is not a term we can actually define.
If there is such a thing I would be one of the least likely
candidates and I wouldn't be doing the things that I am able to do.

You can use Ami without visiting or understanding all of it, in the
same way that most of us use Windows, Word or Xcel.

If you want to do sophisticated things in Ami there are no short cuts
and eventually you have to knuckle down to learning the language ==
functions and processing rules.

You can only postpone the inevitable for so long.

It is a good thing that we have openly discussed Ami's vision because
that shows us where we are going and puts us all on the same page.

Tomasz, thanks for sharing a little bit of your vision with us from
time to time.
I always enjoy it when you do that.
Only give out little bits of it at a time though.
Never disclose all of the VISION to anyone,not even your dearly
beloved.

It is secret *artiste's* business.

Brian *;-)

P.S. Good news for some.

I think I will retire Brian the *Hall Monitor* and Brian the
*Campaigner* and focus more on writing for the Users' Knowledge Base;
a more permanent *help* feature.

*Guru* Brian won't retire though; he is around for a long, long time.
However, he might spend more time in retreat.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For everyone who is interested in seeing upcoming AFL code wizard
> here is a preview presentation of AFL wizard in action:
> http://www.amibroker.com/video/amiwiz/AFLWiz1.html
>
> The wizard itself should be made available to the public tommorrow.
>
> Just for fun you may also watch the same presentation with Paul as
a host.
> To meet Paul check this:
> http://www.amibroker.com/video/amiwizp/AFLWiz1.html
>
> Both videos are around 5MB in size if you are using modem you will
need to wait
> a bit for loading. Your browser needs to support Flash 6 or higher
for these videos.

> Your feedback is welcome.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko