Re: [amibroker] COM Object property for Multiple Document Interface Tabs.

I think I found my answer in the documentation for 4.86.  I've kept a COM DOCS file but apparently I didn't add that one to it.

JOE L.
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Landry
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 9:16 AM
Subject: [amibroker] COM Object property for Multiple Document Interface Tabs.

Hello TJ others....

The property SelectedTab with let one display the correct "sheet" as I've been known to call them,

or TABS in the lower part of the chart window.  Here's an example adapted from Tomasz's documentation

I used to sort some of these concepts out.

// TAB SWITCHING in jScript

AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
AW = AB.ActiveWindow;
var WSH =  WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
   WScript.Echo("Check see if layout is loaded");
if(AB.LoadLayout("C:\\Program Files\\AmiBroker\\Layouts\\Holdings.awl"));  // This must be in Global File
   {
     WSH.Popup("Load Layout Holdings  Successful",1,"Job Status", 64);
   }

WScript.Sleep(5000) //Wait 5 seconds for it to start
tabindex = AW.SelectedTab; // read selected tab
AW.SelectedTab = 3; //switch to tab 3

WScript.Sleep(5000) //Wait 5 seconds for it to start
AW.SelectedTab = tabindex; // restore originally selected tab

WScript.Sleep(5000) //Wait 5 seconds for it to start
AW.SelectedTab = 1; //switch to tab 3

WScript.Sleep(5000) //Wait 5 seconds for it to start
AW.SelectedTab = tabindex; // restore originally selected tab

Here's my question.....

Has the property for the  AB 4.86 MDI TABS interface been "exposed" in the COM Objects? If so what is it

called?    I have to use templates and layouts to control my display but can I have this additional control?

 When I start Amibroker from jScripts batch job I usually end up with an unwanted window, an added MDI tab.

This is something I don't understand also, as to why this happens and how to avoid it.

I would appreciate any help, including directing me the user's manual if the COM property is described there.

Joe L.

MDI (multiple document interface) tabs