RE: [amibroker] Re: esignal data feed vs iqfeed

Thanks, Mike.  Your comments are very helpful.

With kind regards,

Fred

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mikelaurataylor
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:26 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: esignal data feed vs iqfeed

For what its worth, I have both (actually 2 esignals and one iqfeed
because I have a few different computers running things). I would
LOVE to be all iqfeed because I think esignal pricing is ridiculous in
comparison but I can't switch...trust me I've tried many times.
This may not be all accurate now but this is what I've run into:

1. Esignal you can have mixed databases so you can see intraday detail
w/ longer term daily/weekly. IQFeed you can not mix.

2. Despite improvements I find IQFeed still noticeably slower on
backfills.

3. IQfeed doesn't backfill as reliably. Stocks get "stuck" much more
often then esignal backfills do.

I'm going to keep looking at iqfeed for everything but so far it is
not as good in my opinion. If it were I'd switch immediately.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Fred S. Esch" <fesch@xxx> wrote:

> I have ESignal and was considering switching to IQFeed when my annual
> ESignal subscription expires. Would you be so kind as to explain what
> problems you encountered using IQFeed?
>

> With kind regards,
>

> Fred
>

> _____

On Behalf
> Of murthysuresh
> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:30 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com
> Subject: [amibroker] esignal data feed vs iqfeed
>

> Hello
> I finally got the esignal data only package for 60 bucks 200 symb. this
> is definitely better value than iqfeed 500 symb for 50 bucks. for the
> price of 10 bucks more, i can do all my scans and monitors so quickly
> and seemlessly.