[amibroker] Re: Mixing a loop with a function - can it be done using Ami ?

Hello Tomasz,

Thankyou very much for the extreamly fast response. In my post, to
keep it short I actually over simplified my problem and as a result I
think misled you.

I actually wanted the function to return an element at a time into
the loop for further calculations - I just put the plot statement to
see what actually coming across which actually caused the confusion.

I have attached parts of my real code which does not appear to work -
calling the StochRSI function within a loop. Also is there an easy
way to monitor what is being returned.  Please help.  Thankyou in
advance

//{==============================
function StochRSI(i,Periods)
{
res=(RSI(Periods)-LLV(RSI(Periods),Periods))/(HHV(RSI
(Periods),Periods)-LLV(RSI(Periods),Periods));

result = res[i];//return ith element of the array
return result;
}
//{==============================
    //: other codes
    //: other codes
//{==============================
for (i = 1; i < BarCount-1; i++ )
 {//begin MAIN LOOP
 //:
 //:

 Periods = PreCalculatedArrayOutSidetheLoop[i]; //Periods vary with i
 Entry2 =(C[i]*1.1>BBandBot(WPrice[i],BBpds[i], deviations[i] ) ) AND
( StochRSI(i,Periods) > 30 );
 //:
 //:
 }
//{==============================

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes it is possible.
>
> Your code does not work because it is coded without any sense.
>
> Inside your loop you generate (BarCount) plots (that many !!!)
while you should generate
> ONE plot only.
> Also LLV and HHV support variable period therefore it makes NO SENSE
> to call this funciton in the loop to vary the period.
>
> Correct code for variable-period stochastic is WAY EASIER and
SHORTER - actually one line