Re: [amibroker] Mixing a loop with a function - can it be done using Ami ?

Hello,

Yes it is possible.

Your code does not work because it is coded without any sense.

Inside your loop you generate (BarCount) plots (that many !!!) while you should generate
ONE plot only.
Also LLV and HHV support variable period therefore it makes NO SENSE
to call this funciton in the loop to vary the period.

Correct code for variable-period stochastic is WAY EASIER and SHORTER - actually one line
And it does not require any looping.

//{==============================
//{ this is variable period already !
function Stoch(array,Periods)
{
  return(array-LLV(array,Periods))/(HHV(array,Periods)-LLV(array,Periods));
}
Periods = 14 + 20 * Random(); // THIS IS VARIABLE !
SR = Stoch(C,Periods);
Plot (SR,"",colorRed);

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko