[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.94.0 BETA released

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jim_trades_stocks" <jnk1997@xxx>
wrote:

Jim,

I appreciate your candour and respect you for sticking up for
yourself.

I don't see Tomasz as having a sarcastic, curt or arrogant bone in
his body but I expect a lot of people do mis-understand him.

I believe it is more of a private rather than a public issue.

When I was in the work force I sometimes found myself in similar
situations and I developed some rules of thumb to get the best out of
it:

- don't sweep it under the carpet; deal with it there and then,
- talk to the individual concerned; no one else,
- don't do it in front of others; face saving behaviour lowers the
chance of a successful outcome to almost zero,
- visit them on their turf and do the business there,
- don't beat around the bush, look them in the eye and politely give
them a one or two line summary of what they have done that you are
unhappy about and why.

That's it.

A reasonable person will then make you an offer somewhere along the
line; just wait for it and only add to the opening what you are
absolutely forced to.
Once they make a reasonable offer that you can live with immediately
close the deal; look them in the eye, paraphrase their offer and
repeat it back to them to make sure they are committed and then thank
them.

Time to leave.

There are unreasonable people in the world or reasonable people can
be unreasonable on a particular issue.
You can't reason with unreason.
In that case a satisfactory deal will never be reached so why waste
anymore time on a deal you will never close.
One way or another you have to live with that without it affecting
you.

Re Ami frustrations.

I have only owned Ami for one year and sometimes I do find it
frustrating and kick the waste paper bin, so you are not alone.
Usually it is because I have been going at it too hard and I am a bit
tired.
Nothing a few hours or a day off won't fix.

A formula wizard will mostly only help new users in the initial phase
and only then if they are not alpha-techs.
None of the advanced users are phoning in and complaining because
Tomasz has decided to implement something for business reasons or to
help a small group of users even though they will never use it
themselves.

Why don't you just list the code you are having trouble with and ask
the forum to walk through the list one at a time?
Most questions in the forum get answered.

Brian.