[amibroker] Re: Basic Monte Carlo

Brian
Thanks for taking the time to provide such an in-depth response. I
will certainly look through the sites you suggested. Yes, I'm sure,
like many things, a new or at least modified perspective is needed -
I can see the MCS concept is very tactile.
Good trading,
Bernard

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z321" <brian_z321@xxx>
wrote:

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bernardedmond01"
> <bernardedmond01@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> > I want to get the basics for starting my own Monte Carlo testing.
> > There are 346 messages on here relating to MC. Can anyone point
me in
> > the direction of the starting line please? What should I look
at/use
> > first?
>
> Bernard,
>
> Howard covers MCS applications in his QTS book from an AmiBroker
> perspective.
> To get the best value from that discussion a general knowledge of
MCS,
> as applied to trading, and Stats101 would be an advantage.
>
> The net has a lot of material on MCS but it is mainly business or
> academically biased.
> Traders who give a full a to z exposition on trading applications
are
> hard to find; I'm still looking.
>
> I have 200-300 trading books here and while many reference MCS they
are
> not what I would call an MCS for traders training manual.
> I still have some unresearched leads from previous posts in this
forum
> so when I read those books I will report back if I hit the jackpot.
>
> To gain some practical experience you can't beat trading software,
> especially if it is surviving software.
> Developers have to apply the theory so they have to screw the
theory
> down before writing it into their programs.
>
> Here's some MCS software sites that have been around for >3 years.
> Scratch around for downloadable manuals, docs etc.
> A Larry Sanders PDF is at the tradelabstrategies site.
> Compuvision PDF manual is at their site in downloads>tradesim
downloads.
> In the tradesim manual only 1 or 2 chapters are general knowledge
MCS