Re: [amibroker] Re: Plotting problem

Pivot is just calculated as being (H + L + C + O) / 4

Fred
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Jagow
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 7:48 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Plotting problem

Where is Pivot defined?

-----Original Message-----
From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com [mailto:amibroker@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Ed Middleton
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 2:45 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com

Lester,

Tried the IIF code but got the same results.  It must be my logic but for the life of me I cannot understand why the logic is not stopping the plotting when the conditions are reached.  Instead the logic appears to be saying that in every bar there is a long and short signal which is not the case.  Here's the new code I generated:

PivotMALong=MA(Pivot,LongPeriods);

PivotMAShort=MA(Pivot,ShortPeriods);

// Plot Long and short period MA of pivot

Plot( PivotMALong, "PivotLong",ParamColor( "Color1", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style1",styleThick) );

Plot( PivotMAShort, "PivotShort",ParamColor( "Color2", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style2",styleThick) );

// Check for Long or Short Signals

dotlocationLong = L - 3;

dotlocationShort = H + 3;

IIf((C[0] > PivotMALong[0]) AND (C[0] > PivotMAShort[0]) AND (PivotMAShort[0] > PivotMALong[0]),

Plot(dotlocationLong,"Long",ParamColor( "Color3", colorGreen ), ParamStyle("Style3",styleDots | styleNoLine | styleNoLabel)),0);

IIf((C[0] < PivotMALong[0]) AND (C[0] < PivotMAShort[0]) AND (PivotMAShort[0] < PivotMALong[0]),

Plot(dotlocationShort,"Short",ParamColor( "Color4", colorRed ), ParamStyle("Style3",styleDots | styleNoLine | styleNoLabel)),0);

Does the logic make sense to you?

thx,

Freddie